For those of you that don't know, I am a college student at a university in Pennsylvania hopefully graduating this spring. These have been the best four years of my life filled with friends and fun memories. The only thing that gets slightly annoying is the hike I have to make to classes from my apartment, especially now that I live off campus.
Some colleges and universities are located in the city, but most schools are located in and around towns which makes it convenient for most students to live within a 15 to 20 minute walk to campus. However if you're like me, waking up and getting to those 8am classes on time can be the hardest part of your day.
Which brings me to some of the best advice I've received as a college student: invest in a bike or a skateboard.
- Cuts down on travel time - if you're running late, need that extra five minutes of sleep, or have a class on the opposite side of campus from the other, a bike or skateboard is the right answer.
- Every building has a bike rack located in the front or back so students don't have to worry about where to leave your bike, just make sure to bring your lock!
- Professors don't care if you bring your skateboard to class.
- Some backpacks allow you to hook your skateboard to your backpack.
- You don't have to worry about paying for gas or parking.
- It's great exercise! Walking in general is exercise but riding a bike or skateboard is more fun!
Both forms of transportation are great ways to get around campus. Deciding which is better really depends on the person's preference. Which do you prefer?
Once you get your skateboard or bike make sure you have a rack to store it in your dorm room or apartment. Check out StoreYourBoard's large variety of skateboard racks and bike racks.
|How awesome is this? A professor from UNL skateboards to his classes everyday!|
Good luck to all the students out there starting their spring semester!